As a kid, whenever I had a monkey at sight I used to wait there just to see if he would grow his tail like my favoritism Kapish did in one of those stories that I had read the previous night. That was the impact Uncle Pai made in kids like me. His way of story telling was so simple and believable and he will be remembered forever for that.

The visionary comic revolutionist changed the way of storytelling with the Amar Chitra Katha and it popularized the mythological characters amongst the children which was a need of that time.

Uncle Pai was an inspiration for me to take up pen to draw the characters and he will remain as a forever inspiration. And of course ACK, Tinkle and his characters like Kapish, Ramu Shyamu, Shikari Shambhu, Shuppandi will remain close to my heart. Will miss you uncle, may god bless your soul, RIP