I met a singer named Krishna Beura through a friend suggestion. By then, I didn't know him though his name. I wrote him an e-mail asking who he was, and I had such a down to earth response from him telling that he admired my art a lot and is pursuing singing to earn bread. The reply made me curious and just after a few moments of Googling him, I discovered that he is the voice for a number of songs I adore. I felt honored on connecting with him on Facebook and we even had a few chat sessions where we discussed his experiences of doing voice overs for animation films from Disney, Dreamworks etc. With a known identity for singing sufi songs (afterall he is a worshiper of Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan), Krishna has given us beautiful numbers like 'Maula mere le le meri jaan' from Chak De India, 'Soniyo from the heart' from Raaz 2, 'Rabba' from Musafir, etc. I would just love to see him work with God of music and my favorite A. R. Rahman someday!

Here's a small tribute caricature I've made for Krishna. I was watching Chak De India today on television, and the beloved song during the movie persuaded me to make this one for him. Keep giving us such great songs, Krishna! May Sai blessing be always with you!